Friday, March 30, 2012

Firefly Symbolism

I know what fireflies mean to me--I said I would share those stories later and I will.  But throughout history, fireflies have symbolized different things to different people.  Here is a listing:

Inspiration  (guess that worked with me)
Illumnation  (well, they do light up!)
Patience   (waiting for the night to get dark enough)
Attraction  (from one firefly to another, I suppose)
Energy  (it takes a lot to blink, blink, blink)
Hope   (that they will shine for us tonight)
Aspiration  (I don't get this one at all)
Guidance  (should you really follow a firefly if you get lost?)
Efficiency  (combine that with energy and we would all save)
Creativity/New idea  (again, maybe where I started?)
Awakening  (hmmm, have to think on that one)

Sorry for all the sidebars but I couldn't resist!  This list just shows that fireflies mean a lot of different things to different people.  I would be interested to know it they have a special place in your life as they have in mine.  The next two posts will explain (at least partly) why these little critters mean so much to me.

Moon & Stars,
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment